Our Favorite East Shore Beaches
Though many adventures are helping you to “Go Beyond The Beach” and into the water, we certainly appreciate a few mellow days to just take in the sights and sun of Kauai! If you find yourself in need of beach going equipment not to worry our Beach Activities Desks at Sheraton Kauai Resort and Grand Hyatt Resort in Poipu offer full selection of beach equipment for rent including:
- Snorkeling Gear
- Beach chairs & Umbrellas
- Beach Coolers
- Body Boards
- Water toys
- Float tubes & life vests
- Sun screen
- Sun Hats
- And Much Much More!
Please call our Reservations Line at 808.742.5280 and our team can help get these reserved for you to pick-up!
Beaches and the waters that reach them can sometimes have underlying and dangerous rip currents. So though some of these beaches are great to relax on we ONLY recommend swimming and snorkeling at LifeGuarded Beaches. In addition, before heading out to those beaches, please check the Kauai Beach Report link for
This beach offers great shade, sandy terrain, camping and plenty of fun. It’s tucked away but easy to drive to without having to carry beach gear too far. Good swimming and decent snorkeling. Beachgoers will enjoy shelling
This is also one of our State Parks. Nice lagoon perfect for smaller kids when conditions are right. Amazing place to watch sunrise and great place to set-up photography. Great place to relax, stroll around and admire the scenery. Very popular on the weekends with our locals, so goearly to get good space!
Part of the State Park, this is one of the major attractions and why we list it separately. The ponds offer one of Kauai’s safest year round swimming sites. Human made with large boulders, the wall protects from strong currents and seasonally high surf. GREAT for children and there’s a
playground nearby as well!
Our Team’s Rated East Shore Restaurants:
- Fine Dining Fusion – JO2
- Best Pub – Robs Good Times Grill
- Most Authentic – South East Asia
- Best Mexican – Mariachis & Pacos Tacos
- Best Breakfast Food Truck – NOM
- Best Burger – Kenji Burger
- Best Cafe – Java Kai
- Best Vegan – Namaste Indian Food
- Best Local Bar – Jimmy’s Bar N Grill
- Best of the Best – Kauai Juice Co.
- Best Coffee – Little House Coffee
- Best Breakfast Burritos – El Rey Del Mar
- Best Shave Ice – Wailua Shave Ice
- Best Smoothies – Aloha Aina
- Incredible Views – Kalalea Juice Hale
- Unique – Scorpacciata Food Truck
Our Suggestions for East Shore FREE Things to do:
We cannot stress enough the importance of enjoying our island in the safest way possible. Therefore, these recommendations are simply that. Recommendations of places for you to visit at your own risk and assume all liability and responsibility for your safety and those in your group. Please follow ALL local guidelines and posted
signs for safety.
- Hike Sleeping Giant Trail
- Hoopii Falls
- Check-out Waimea Falls and Opaeka’a Falls
- Koloa Rum Tasting at Gaylord Plantation
- Adopt a Dog for a day from the Kauai Humane Society and take on a field trip